Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Shared Services is focused on engaging our employees to better understand our clients' businesses and provide superior customer service. Aligning our operations and our people with the client organizations we serve facilitates better planning, execution and overall service delivery. We have once again set lofty goals for 2011, and we intend to achieve them. Some of these goals, such as environmental compliance and leadership, require the collective effort of employees across the company. Together, we will become the leading corporate services organization and the leading utility in U.S.
Leads a team responsible for the development of company-wide standards and provides subject matter expertise in the area of industrial hygiene. Develop strategic plans for industrial hygiene and partner with safety leads on implementation. Maintains knowledge of, interprets regulatory compliance with safety and health regulations, policies, and organizational safety and health programs. Leads safety process improvement initiatives as needed. Partners with the safety specialist to implement safety programs and advises on the development of work procedures to assist the organization. Oversees process and procedure development, implementation and communication.
Manages and coaches direct report team. Assigns, prioritizes, and reviews Long-Term planning project work, project initiatives, and special assignments. Responsible to set goals and review performance.
• A BA/BS in Safety, Health or similar field or equivalent experience.
• 10 years of relevant experience in industrial hygiene
• 2 years in a leadership role managing direct reports
• A MA/MS in Safety, Health or similar field or equivalent experience.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist
• Advanced knowledge of CalOSHA general industry and construction safety orders and other recognized safety regulations and standards (e.g., ANSI, NFPA, FedOSHA, etc).
• Advance knowledge of conducting and evaluating complex root cause analysis investigations and evaluating the effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Plans, manages, and directs the activities of a team that provides support for the Utility in the area of industrial hygiene.
• Provides oversight to the design, development, review and implementation of safety policy and guidance documents for the Utility.
• Manages and develops a team of industrial hygienist; sets performance goals.
• Develops and manages contracts, outside service vendors or others as required to support the safety programs of the organization.
• Works and interacts with outside regulatory agencies and industry groups and industry peers.
• Collaborates across the organization to develop recommendations and strategies to reduce exposures and improve employee health and welfare.
• Participates and/or leads benchmarking activities with other entities. Brings innovative ideas and solutions to the Utility.
• Serves as a subject matter expert.