At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects.
This Senior Transportation Construction Manager will join our growing team in the Baltimore, Maryland office, but will spendthe majority of their time working in the field at our client's various transportation projects . Our construction management opportunities provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting and engaging transportation projects. You will utilize your knowledge of complex project delivery concepts, practices and procedures to complete your assigned tasks in a team environment.
Various tasks, responsibilities and contributions to include:
• Provide overall management for assigned transportation projects
• Supervise field staff that may include inspectors, assistant resident engineers, construction materials testers and administrative personnel
• Lead the construction team through the duration of construction, testing and commissioning of the project
• Act as primary client contact for all project-field activities
• Conduct pre-construction conferences
• Conduct progress meetings, review work progress, perform schedule reviews, and conduct construction coordination
• Organize and direct all construction-related activities to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
• Ensure all construction is in compliance with design specifications
• Maintain official project log and documentation files
• Assist with implementation of the project safety program
• Provide issue resolution arising from the inspection process or from contract administration
• Implement change orders, and process requests for information on behalf of the owner
If you're up for the challenge, we're looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor's degree in applicable discipline with a minimum of 6 years' experience, or Minimum of 12 years transportation engineering/construction management experience
• Experience with the administrative, contractual, inspection, business aspects of the construction process within the transportation market
• Work experience required with Maryland, Virginia or the District of Columbia Department of Transportation...work experience with other state DOT's will be considered
• Must be able to use of Microsoft Office, Primavera scheduling software, and ClaimDigger software The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Virginia, Maryland or DC, candidates who have the ability to obtain professional registration within one year will be considered
• Advanced degree in engineering disciplines
• Certified Construction Manager certification from the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Baltimore
Baltimore, MD US
View on Google maps