Helping our communities stay safely on the move.
Our Senior Roadway Design Engineer jobs provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects. Each day, you will have the opportunity to utilize your roadway design expertise and lead design tasks on transportation-related projects.
This position will allow you to manage projects, mentor and direct junior staff and assist in business development efforts.
You should be a self-motivated professional with 12-15 years of related experience along with a BSCE. Registration as a PE and/or the ability to become registered in Virginia and other states is required. Prior experience on any VDOT or local agency project desired. This position also requires a technical design background in at least one of the following areas: highway drainage, highway design, traffic engineering, utility coordination as well as familiarity with AASHTO and MUTCD standards. Knowledge of and experience using CADD/Design Software (MicroStation and GeoPak) is a plus! Our ideal candidate has strong written and oral communication skills as well as a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each senior engineering job.
Our Senior Roadway Design Engineers:
• Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design
• Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
• Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing final design plans, including cross sections, traffic control, erosion control, drainage, and signing and signal plan
• May coordinate design activities and meetings between staff, subcontractors, and CH2M
• Lead and support safety plan
• Assist in business development and proposal efforts
• Interact with CH2M project teams and client program level directors
• Complete tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
• Have strong written and oral communication skills and a team-oriented attitude The minimum qualifications for this position are:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Registration as a PE and/or the ability to become registered in Virginia and other states
- Proficient with InRoads (must) and/or GeoPAK (plus) design experience
- A technical design background in at least one of the following areas: highway drainage, highway design, traffic engineering, utility coordination as well as familiarity with AASHTO and MUTCD standards
- A minimum of 12 years roadway and highway transportation design experience
- Prior experience on any VDOT or local agency project desire
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Richmond
Richmond, VA US
View on Google maps