At ABB, it's the people that matter most-to us and our customers. Which is why we're always looking to add more talent to our team. Knowledge is critical. Drive is essential. Creativity is key. Currently we are looking for a candidate to join our Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) team. This team provides a comprehensive offering of information, advisory, and software applications which support energy market participants and market operators to assess infrastructure investments such as new power stations and transmission lines as well as provide critical information and systems to support energy operations. With over 30 years of market experience, EPM supports over 500 customers around the world and improves mission critical investments, trading, and operations decisions. If you are willing to develop in an international environment, then this is an opportunity for you!
An Electricity Market Modelling Specialist functions as a regional or subject matter expert for leading the development of electricity market forecasting models and corresponding products such as the Energy Market Outlook (Reference Case). This role includes authoring appropriate Energy Market Outlook report sections, creating result files, and validating model inputs and results. The specialist will perform electricity market modelling activities and may serve as project manager and either primary or secondary analyst for consulting assignments, which may include presenting report summaries to clients. Finally, the consultant may also support the marketing, sales, and advisors to increase customer base and maintain the existing customer base.
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Contribute to the production of the Energy Market Outlook and consulting reports;
• Contribute to the review and development of the Energy Market Outlook model inputs;
• Provide electricity market modelling, analysis and advisory services on client projects;
• Remain informed on electric and fuel market trends, economic trends, industry practices, regional developments and/or subject matter developments;
• Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production efficiency and quality of the Energy Market Outlook and consulting reports;
• Cooperate and communicate effectively with the team to provide relevant information, assistance and technical support;
• Manage resource constraints;
• Provide industry and market expertise to sell Advisors services and products;
• Monitor assigned sales pipeline and interact with sales executives to achieve sales goals;
• Contribute to sales and marketing activities including development of webcasts, material, thought leadership, client and conference presentations, etc.
• Degree in Engineering, Operational Research, Economics, Mathematics or related quantitative subject;
• Fundamental market modelling, simulation and forecasting experience, preferably in electricity or fuel markets;
• Experience with electricity market models such as PROMOD, PROSYM, Market Analytics, Plexos, Aurora, UPLAN, EPSI, Dayzer, SDDP, GAMS, etc. would be preferable;
• Postgraduate degree, preferably Masters or PhD, or research in electricity or fuel markets would be seen as favourable;
• Demonstrable analytical and modelling skills including good knowledge of data manipulation, presentation and visualization (e.g., Excel);
• Attention to detail and data quality assurance;
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written;
• Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills;
• Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multitask;
• Excellent knowledge of MS office;
• Time management and organizational skills.