ABB provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world's most asset intensive industries such as energy, utilities and mining solve their biggest challenges, from plant level, regional network scale, to global fleet-wide operations. ABB Wireless's team develops and builds innovative outdoor wireless communications technologies and products used for mission-critical applications. We are renowned for high reliability and performance, strong security and flexible scalability. We have more than 1,000 customers in over 50 countries around the world. Our customers use our products to build wireless IP broadband networks for many applications in the utility, oil and gas, mining, industrial hub and smart city markets. We are looking for Java Software Engineers to join our innovative engineering team building large scale network management system.
• Work with customers, management team, customer support team and other parties to collect application requirements;
• Analysis the requirements and write functional / design specifications and determine the technologies used for the development;
• Design, develop, test and maintain applications based on the approved specifications;
• Work with customers and customer support team to provide technical support of identifying and trouble-shooting issues, bugs and other technic problems;
• End to end development of the application including web UI, middle tier and backend database.
• BS/MS in CS/EE/Math, 3+ years in developing large-scale enterprise software applications focusing on usability, scalability, and performance;
• Expert knowledge on Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB, Ajax, Struts, Hibernate;
• Deep understanding on Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, MySQL, JDBC, SQL;
• Experience on Web Service, XML, Linux (Red hat, Centos), Bash Script;
• Experience working on end to end (UI, middle-tier, backend) is a plus;
• Previous experience with distributed software applications is preferred;
• A high degree of self-motivation and flexibility;
• Ability to build good relationships both within the team and with other organizations;
• Manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic environment in order to meet deliverables on time;
• Understand and work in a complex computing environment;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to understand new technologies quickly;
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.