ABB provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world's most asset intensive industries such as energy, utilities and mining solve their biggest challenges, from plant level, regional network scale, to global fleet-wide operations. Our products provide wireless network infrastructure for Smart Grid utility applications such as Distribution Automation, Advanced Metering Infrastructure, and Mobile Workforce. Please join us as we experience tremendous growth in the marketplace and roll out new systems. We are looking for a System Test Engineer to join our innovative engineering team building large scale wireless solutions for the Smart Grid market.
• Define stringent usability, scalability, and performance test cases and criteria for the SuprOS Network Management System (NMS) with Linux based back-end servers MySQL/Oracle DB;
• Design, execute, and script test cases for configuration management, provisioning, synchronization, fault management, network analysis, and external interface features of the ABB Wireless NMS/EMS user interface known as SuprOS;
• Solid understanding of Linux OS, databases MySQL and Oracle;
• Script various areas of the Network Management System from fault management, provisioning and config view;
• Experience with networking concepts - TCP/IP protocol, IP addressing (DHCP, NAT, etc);
• Knowledge of wireless technologies such as 802.11 (Wi-Fi), 802.16e WiMAX, LTE and GPRS/UMTS;
• Prior experience in setting up networking system test beds;
• Work closely with the development team in problem characterization and early design validation;
• Work closely with field engineering team in replicating customer environments on lab test beds;
• Write test scripts to improve time-to-market for software release and increase product quality;
• Work closely with customer support on engineering escalations, reproduce issues in the lab, and perform root cause analysis.
• 5 years in testing large-scale enterprise software applications focusing on usability, scalability, and performance and/or networking equipment;
• Working knowledge of LAMP technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl);
• Experience in programming languages java/python/CSS/HTML;
• Good level of English is a must;
• Previous experience with distributed software applications is preferred;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills;
• A high level of self-motivation and flexibility;
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks.