The objective of the Release Manager is to support delivery of ABB EMS/DMS/SCADA systems and applications globally. Some of the primary objectives of this role include delivering configured systems using Network Control approved product implementation standards, as well as acquiring working knowledge of regional market needs and helping drive standardization in the delivery process. The Release Manager is responsible for ensuring adequate documentation of required processes and practices.
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Administration of system software inventory and project maintenance release management of SCADA/EMS/DMS products;
• Merge and Synch source code from upstream Product releases into project maintenance releases;
• Creations of hotfixes and patches along with detailed ad-hoc installation instructions;
• Installation and configuration of ABB Network Manager multitier applications (SCADA/EMS/DMS);
• Develop, coordinate, and implement plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing;
• Create or assist others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in computer science, information sciences or a related field;
• Language programming skills: C, C++, Java;
• Hands on experience with Software Configuration management tools (TFS, GIT, CVS, etc.);
• Ability to understand and write in at least one scripting language (Powershell, VBS, Linux Shell, Perl);
• Positive, proactive personality;
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills;
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and deliver results per plan;
• Ability to work independently and within the framework of a team;
• Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English;
• Skills in Fortran programming are a plus;
• Understanding and system administration capabilities of Linux and Windows operating systems are a plus;
• An understanding of cyber security best practices is a plus;
• Knowledge and understanding of power systems would be an advantage.