CH2M are looking for senior individuals to join their Transport Economics/Advisory team in Leeds to provide leadership and technical expertise over projects within economic appraisal, demand forecasting, cost benefit analysis, and operating cost forecasting.
CH2M's thriving Transport Planning & Advisory (TP&A) business provides advice to public and private sector organisations in both the UK and overseas. Within this business, we are looking to recruit an Associate Director with proven skills in transport economics and forecasting for advisory work. The right individual for this key leadership role will help to develop our business further and deliver projects for key clients - including Transport for London, Department for Transport, Highways England, Financiers and Transport Operators. Key projects include high-profile rail franchising Technical Advisor roles for DfT, Crossrail 2 business case development for TfL and the economic and transport case for the £5 billion Lower Thames Crossing highways project - and a range of private finance projects.
We are looking for a candidate with proven experience in the leadership and technical delivery of projects, and management of activities involving one or more of the following; economic appraisal, demand forecasting, cost benefit analysis, and operating cost forecasting.
Working as part of the joint senior leadership group within the Economics and Transport Planning Teams within TP&A. Depending on the candidate, responsibilities will include:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Technical project leader, with frequent client contact as the key point of contact
- Maintenance and development of client relationships
- Developing business and winning work from key clients, particularly in the private sector/transaction
- Coaching and management of junior and mid-level staff
- Experience of leading and delivering transport economics and forecasting activities, including advisory projects on major transactions
- Proven understanding of industry standard approaches to economic appraisal and forecasting such as WebTAG and PDFH
- Highly numerate, with strong track record in developing/managing complex spreadsheet models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver technical outputs on time and on budget
- Understanding of the UK transport industry and roles of the various organisations
- Demonstrable ability to develop client relationships, with proven commercial acumen
- Ambition to play a key role in the development of the business moving forward
- Demonstrable experience of taking senior leadership roles in teams in a project environment
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, Leeds
View on Google maps