Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions. The IT Meter to Cash Application Development team is responsible for software development and implementation of new functionality within the Customer Care and Billing system and its direct interfaces. This team works closely with IT business analysts from the IT Meter to Cash Requirements and Analysis team to assure delivery of products and services that are top quality. In addition to software development and implementation of code, developers from each area support its clients by providing technical expertise in diagnosing potential programming issues, and also helping to provide technical input as necessary in developing technical designs.
PG&E is seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual to design, develop, modify, debug, and evaluate business applications/programs within the IT Meter to Cash Customer Billing framework. This position requires strong technical and analytical skills, clear written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail and coding best practices. The employee analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding, and tests/debugs programs. The employee will consult with business analysts and architects to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business needs, then assist in the definition, development, and documentation of deliverables and specifications on a project-by-project basis as defined in the IT Methodology, in collaboration with business analyst and other project team members. Successful candidates are able to anticipate client concerns and questions and provide timely, professional, straight forward (non-technical) communications. The job also entails on call support for production systems and timely resolutions, as well as occasional responses to ad-hoc questions and intra-departmental communications.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience and/or field of study
• Minimum 2 years of programming analysis experience
• Minimum 2 years of programming experience in HP ExStream
• HP ExStream
• Development experience with SQL and Perl scripting
• Experience with MicroFocus Cobol, Eclipse, Spring Batch, AIX, Linux, or Oracle Database
• Ability to enhance the end-user experience
• The candidate must be able to solve complex programming problems to meet business requirements, translate detailed technical design specifications into computer program instructions, debug complex programs, and prepare program documentation.
• The candidate must be able to demonstrate an understanding of software, how it works, and how it often breaks. Must demonstrate the ability to create test beds, test scenarios, create regression tests, document and assess software reliability.
• The candidate must be able to support the Customer Care and Billing interface software. Plan and coordinate critical systems and monitoring, analyze and recommend corrective actions for application failures. Investigate and resolve processing problems identified by clients. Evaluate system performance, investigate new technologies, recommend and coordinate the implementation of application processing or computer resource utilization improvements.
• The candidate collaborates with Project Manager on complex project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies.
• Provide 24x7 on call responsibilities rotating with the other team members.
• Freedom of Action - oversee, mentor, and provide guidance to less experienced programmer-analysts
• The incumbent independently plans work to meet assigned general objectives; progress is reviewed upon completion and solutions may provide an opportunity for creating/non-standard approaches