Support Mechanical Engineering activities across the globe and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
The challenge? Our Mechanical HVAC Engineer position provides you the opportunity to work at our client site in Boise, ID. Each day with CH2M, you will work in a collaborative team environment to help achieve all project goals. You will be a self-motivated professional, with a minimum of 10 years' experience in mechanical and process design in a high technology, industrial environment. You should be detail oriented, client focused and have a desire to grow personally, as well as professionally.
Our Mechanical HVAC Engineers:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Design for Mechanical/Facility systems including built-up AHU's, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Water Side and Air Side distribution, VAV's, HVAC, Process Exhaust, mechanical/process wet and dry piping systems (all systems)
- Provide mechanical engineering required to produce drawings for installation of mechanical equipment and systems according to client standards.
- Develop drawings and conceptual plan studies within discipline and/or project standards with little guidance from others.
- Provide preliminary sketches of design ideas for approval.
- Produce mechanical design construction and specification documents.
- Provide engineering consulting associated with construction of industrial production facilities, cooling and utility plants, semiconductor tool installations, HVAC and Piping system design related to facility engineering.
- Perform field inspections of existing mechanical air and water side mechanical systems
- Estimate mechanical construction cost.
- Make independent technical judgment on details.
- Serve as a lead engineer in small ($25,000) to medium ($4,000,000) projects. Provides information to facilitate assignments to others.
- Receive guidance from a department manager, or project manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 10 years' experience in mechanical and process systems design in a microelectronics fabrication facility including both facilities and tool installation projects.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule, organize, and run meetings.
- Proficient in AUTOCAD, version 2010 or later.
- Proficient with MS Office. (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Professional Engineer licensed in the state of Idaho, or ability to obtain within 6 month period.
Additional Information: CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H1-B, etc.) for this position. There is no relocation assistance provided for this role - preference will be given for local candidate
Special Note: This is a field assignment on an active client site in various stages of construction. As such, applicant must be able to walk long distances, sit and stand for extended periods, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, work on catwalks, work in small spaces, lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Boise
Boise, ID US
View on Google maps