CH2M are recruiting for a Transport Economist to join their London based Transport Planning & Advisory team.
CH2M's thriving Transport Planning & Advisory business provides advice to public and private sector organisations in the both the UK and overseas. Within this business our Economics & Financial Analysis team is looking to recruit a principal transport economist to help develop our business further and deliver projects for key clients - including HS2 Limited, Transport for London, Department for Transport, Crossrail, Highways Agency, Network Rail, Financiers and Transport Operators.
Key projects include high-profile rail franchising Technical Advisor roles for DfT, Crossrail 2 business case development and the economic appraisal for the £5 billion Lower Thames Crossing highways project.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in the delivery of projects and management of activities involving economic appraisal, cost benefit analysis, demand forecasting and operating cost forecasting.
Working closely with the senior leadership group in the Economics Team, their responsibilities will include:
• Technical workstream leader.
• Coaching and management of junior staff.
• Maintenance and development of client relationships.
• Working with other senior leaders to develop business and win work from key clients.The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Experience of delivering and managing transport economics activities.
• Proven application of industry standard frameworks such as WebTAG, PDFH and BCDM.
• Highly numerate, with strong track record in developing/implementing complex spreadsheet models.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to deliver technical outputs on time and on budget.
• Understanding of the UK transport industry and roles of the various organisations.
• Demonstrable ability to develop client relationships.
• Established technical work stream leader with proven commercial acumen.
• Ambition to play a key role in the development of the business moving forward.
• Demonstrable experience of taking senior roles in teams in a project environment.
• Collaborative and team player able to develop business relationships and work across our business.
• First degree in economics or a relevant numerate discipline, ideally with a similar.
• Masters-level qualification.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, London
View on Google maps