CH2M is setting new ambitious goals to position the company to succeed further and thrive over the long term. As part of one of the goals we aim to build a strong highways team within our Krakow office to undertake local projects and to provide support to our international transportation highways operations.
The Highways business is committed to delivering major highway schemes for National Agencies and Contractors both in Poland and internationally. In addition, we support major local authorities and developers in the UK in realising their highway related projects. This is achieved through a fully integrated approach to project delivery and drawing on the services of all CH2M skill groups from locations throughout the region.
We want to hear from dynamic and enthusiastic individuals, who want to develop their careers as part of an award winning team. The principal function of the Assistant/Graduate Highway Engineer is to provide technical support on the development of highway and general transportation infrastructure projects, and assisting in overall delivery of projects.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, work across a broad range of projects, receive relevant training(s) and continue to progress their career in this industry with CH2M.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Delivering projects in English.
• Developing highway designs and associated highway infrastructure works to time and budget.
• Support on technical report delivery.
• Use other highway design software such as MX, In Roads, AutoCAD and/or MicroDrainage. There may be occasions to use AutoCAD (Civil 3D).
• Ensuring that design output includes appropriate risk assessment processes and compliance with enterprise integrated management system.
• Liaison with internal clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines.
• Flexibility to work on international projects
• Continued Professional Development - work towards Professional license/qualification.The minimum qualifications for this position are:
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge. These points align with the key areas of responsibility:
• Relevant accredited engineering degree at Bachelor or (preferably) Masters level.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Desire to work on highway and infrastructure projects.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Committed, self-motivated and organized.
• Good communication, planning and organizational skills.
• Open and approachable nature.
• Preparation of design drawings.
• Computer modelling using proprietary software.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Long term project programs and work commitments.
- Employment contract.
- Attractive benefits package and flexible working hours.
- Personal development opportunities and possibility to work in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Friendly atmosphere in a dynamic and developing team based on mutual trust and respect.
- Work in a group of talented and experienced engineers and world-class experts.
Knowledge and experience of UK codes and standards (DMRB), and Eurocodes would be an advantage.
Graduate member of a professional body and commitment to professional development.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, Krakow
View on Google maps