Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Mobility Center of Excellence ("EMCOE") is a new enterprise team that is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). Our goal is to deliver solutions with an intuitive user experience that will improve employees' day-to-day tasks. We take the time to understand our partners' needs and translate those into solutions that will help each employee work efficiently. Establish/govern multi-year, integrated roadmap for mobility at PG&E
We are a "start-up" department within IT and building a team of driven and creative mobile developers. You will take us from conception through implementation, build our framework to create innovative and scalable solutions, and will continue to improve as our future needs evolve.
The technology team within EMCOE consists of a staff of highly skilled product managers, project managers, native application/platform developers, QA testers, and application/platform support resources.
** Temporary location will be Walnut Creek, CA and will most likely move to San Francisco or Oakland in the next 6-9 months.
This position in the EMCOE team will administer the entire mobile stack (ex:-cmongodb, express, angular, Node.js). Setup and maintain mobile backend as a service or PaaS and DevOps tools (e.g. GIT, Gerrit, JBOSS, JIRA, Jenkins etc), testing tools and configuration management. Build API;s to connect to enterprise systems like SAP, GIS and Documentum. Build platform capabilities like security, offline sync etc. Develop mobile web applications. Design, develop, modify, configure, debug innovative mobility solutions by leveraging emerging technologies and trends on multiple mobile platforms (iOS, Android, cross-platform development technologies) for the lines-of-business.
Using Agile-type methodology, this role assists in the definition, development, and documentation of project deliverables. Consults with business analysts and architects to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business needs. Modifies and configures applications/systems as specified in the requirements and/or technical design document. Prepares and obtains approval of system and development documentation. Provides support for bug fixes, patches, minor enhancements, and service requests.
It is required that the successful candidate be a self-starter, quick learner, think independently, have the ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders and support staff, and ensure that client satisfaction objectives are met. The successful candidate must be a safety champion and must be able to maintain and handle inventory up to 20 pounds. It is possible that approximately 10% travel may be required. Tentative location is Walnut Creek.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Management, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
• 7 years related experience in mobile development and administration.
• Experience with DevOps tools Jenkins, JIRA and SVN
• MEAN (mongodb, express, angular, Node.js) stack experience
• Experience integrating Restful services (APIs)
• Experience with unit testing frameworks and test-driven development
• Experience with bug tracking and source control
• Very strong debugging skills
• Experience with third party libraries/API's
• Experience with remote data (via REST and JSON) and knowledge of the HTTP protocol
• Experience with the application submission and provisioning procedures • Thorough understanding of mobile, including devices, technologies, and applications
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Experience with product management and Scrum software development principals and rituals
• Strong analytical expertise, including the ability to analyze data to extract actionable insights
• Familiarity with mobile interfaces, mobile interaction guidelines and best practices
• Experience in Spring Framework and MVC patterns.
• Has portfolio of multiple original iOS and Android apps published in the App Store (apple or Google Play)
• Experience in iOS/ Android/ Cross Platform app development experience • Ability to optimize app performance in various conditions (Wi-Fi vs. LTE, poor signal, etc.)
• Asynchronous and non-blocking IO programming experience
• Hybrid development with PhoneGap or Cordova experience
• Java, objective-c/xCode and swift for native development.
• Administer the entire stack (mongodb, express, angular, Node.js).
• Setup and maintain mobile backend as a service or PaaS and DevOps/continuous integration tools (e.g. GIT, Gerrit, JBOSS, JIRA, Jenkins etc), testing, process (agile, Kanban) and configuration management.
• Build API;s to connect to enterprise systems like SAP, GIS and Documentum
• Works with outside APIs and data sources, performs unit testing, troubleshooting/debugging apps, and participates in Agile/SCRUM meetings
• Work with platform team to define needs and APIs that will provide the best integrated experience • May attend client meetings on behalf of team or manager. Collaborates with the project manager on project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies
• Oversees, mentors, and provides guidance to less experienced programmer-analysts
• Independently plans work to meet assigned general objectives; progress is reviewed upon completion and solutions may provide an opportunity for creative/non-standard approaches.
• Design/building of advanced applications for mobile platforms (Android app/ Hybrid frameworks etc.), as well as, collaboration on design of new features. Designs and implements solutions that scale, exhibit elegant software design and ensure a great user experience