CH2M, one of the World's leading water industry consultants are looking to recruit a Water Engineer to work on engineering projects in the flood risk management market.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer to join an experienced and growing team working on exciting projects for the Environment Agency within the Water and Environmental Management (WEM) Framework and for Local Authority clients.
The principal function of this position is to provide engineering support to the Water Business Group in the works we undertake on the EA WEM programme of works and to a much lesser extent for Local Authority clients.
Immediate projects are support to the Initial Assessment works that is being directly awarded, some secondment opportunities that are available with the Environment Agency and other contracted backlog works.
For a range of commissions within the water sector, the role will include responsibilities for the delivery of studies, feasibility and design projects, for supervision and contract administration services and for delivering the production of outline and detailed designs, reports, drawings, tender documents, specifications, feasibility studies, and asset management works. You will be supported by a team of graduate engineers and technicians and specialist resources from other groups.
This position will also include:
• Package Management
• Client Interaction
• Stakeholder Interaction
• Risk Management
• Change ControlThe minimum qualifications for this position are:
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
• Masters Degree in Engineering field
• Working towards Chartership/ Chartered with the relevant Institution (ICE or CIWEM)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
• Proven experience of managing packages
• Proven experience of delivery to timescale and budget
• Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs
• Positive can do attitude
• Good knowledge of relevant computer programmes
• The ability to think clearly when under pressure This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, London
View on Google maps