Helping our communities stay safely on the move.
Our Roadway Design Engineer positions provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects. Each day, you will have the opportunity to utilize your roadway design expertise and lead design tasks on transportation-related projects.
This opportunity will allow you to manage projects, mentor and direct junior staff and assist in business development efforts.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design
• Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
• Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing final design plans, including cross sections, traffic control, erosion control, drainage, and signing and signal plan
• May coordinate design activities and meetings between staff, subcontractors, and CH2M
• Lead and support safety plan
• Assist in business development and proposal efforts
• Interact with CH2M project teams and client program level directors
• Complete tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
• Have strong written and oral communication skills and a team-oriented attitude The minimum qualifications for this position are:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Registration as a PE and/or the ability to become registered in Virginia and other states
- Proficient with InRoads (must) and/or GeoPAK (plus) design experience
- 6 years roadway and highway transportation design experience
- Prior experience on any VDOT or local agency project desired
- 10 years of roadway/transportation design experience
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Herndon
Herndon, VA US
View on Google maps