Support our FEMA client across the U.S. and have a had in transforming tomorrow.
CH2M Government Facilities and Infrastructure has a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance Technical Assistance Contract (PA TAC) to provide technical assistance support for FEMA disaster related operations throughout the U.S.
FEMA uses the PA TAC nationally to obtain architect-engineers, consultants, and other related professional services to assist state and local municipalities in developing grant applications for Federal Public Assistance funding for the repair of their infrastructure damaged by natural or man-made disasters. In preparation for future task orders we are looking for Federal employees that are interested in working on the PA TAC. Our Program Management Team is building a roster of individuals, who would be interested in temporary deployments (90 days minimum) within the U.S. and its territories if their availability allows. Selected candidates for the FEMA assignments must be U.S. citizens, able to pass a FBI background check, and be able to mobilize within 24-48 hours.
General Responsibilities May Include:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Conducting preliminary damage assessments (PDAs) in the field with Federal, State and local officials.
- Writing Project Worksheets (PWs) for the purposes of determining project eligibility, scopes of work and estimating costs to repair or replace a facility or structure in order to restore it to its pre-disaster design.
- Providing technical, cost estimating, and disaster recovery and/or management services while supporting technical professionals.
- Assisting project managers or engineers in major segments of moderate to complex projects or tasks.
- Independently conducting projects involving the design, development, construction or evaluation of restoring disaster locations.
- Interpreting construction work to ensure compliance with contract drawings and specifications as well as FEMA Public Assistance policy and procedure.
The successful candidates will have the necessary experience based on the positions needed for deployment. Due to the nature of the work, selected candidates need to have excellent client communication skills and must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following FEMA Public Assistance classroom trainings: Public Assistance Operations I (PA Ops I), Public Assistance Operations II (PA Ops II), Project Worksheet (PW) Development, Cost Estimating Format (CEF), Debris Management/Operations, 406 Hazard Mitigation.
- Prior FEMA Public Assistance disaster response and recovery experience in one of the following areas: Public Assistance Coordinator (PAC) Crew Leader, Project Specialist, Debris Specialist, Debris Monitor, FEMA-certified Trainer, Hazard Mitigation Specialist (Sections 404 and 406), or Long Term Community Recovery Program Specialist is required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass a FBI background check.
- Ability to mobilize within 24-48 hours, commit to a minimum 90-day assignment in remote locations and disaster conditions.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidates must have excellent communication skills and be experienced with Microsoft Office product suite.
The initial work for FEMA can be 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week. Rotations home of 3-5 days, approximately every 30 days or so, are provided to each deployed staff as approved by FEMA management. Most expenses, i.e., travel, per diem (food and lodging), are covered by the project and reimbursed directly to the deployed staff in a timely fashion.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Englewood
Englewood, CO US
View on Google maps