CH2M have a reputation for successfully delivering complex, strategic projects, utilising data from a variety of sources to inform decisions. We are looking for a Geospatial Data Technologist to assist with this work.
The principal function of this position is to assist the asset data business in operational project solution development and delivery. This includes using diverse data sources, data modelling, integration and analysis in order to deliver a wide variety of outputs. They will provide technical expertise and develop solutions on various projects and support the continued development of the asset data business.
The expectation is that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across a broad range of projects, covering the diverse nature of the CH2M business.
We are focused on providing our staff with the training and opportunities to progress their careers. Working on diverse projects for our strategic clients will enable the successful applicant to develop a broad range of skills covering all aspects of geospatial data consultancy with a global leader in this business sector.
This is a senior technical role within the geospatial team. The successful candidate will lead technical delivery of projects with specific responsibilities for:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Management and technical delivery of projects for our strategic clients and across our international business
- Development of innovative data solutions to support clients asset information requirements
- Wide ranging analysis and creation of complex data sets
- Provision of technical advice to internal team members and clients
- Training and mentoring of junior team members
- Quality assurance and peer review of data activities
- Preparation of deliverables including reports and presentations
- Business development activities including bid writing and presentation
The successful applicant should have the following skills/experience:
- Degree qualified
- Extensive experience of developing and delivering spatial data solutions
- Comprehensive experience of data integration, management, standards and analysis
- Evidence of being able to manage projects and tasks and develop solutions delivered to time and budget requirements
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication skills, including an ability to communicate technical analysis to a non-technical audience
Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position
Job Location CH2M, Swindon
View on Google maps