1. Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures established for the wind farm site.
2. Ability to demonstrate Passionate Support for the Customer even under difficult circumstances.
3. Troubleshoot and repair complex problems associated with various mechanical and electrical components.
4. Current experience with or possess an aptitude to learn some or all of the following skills: end of warranty inspections, borescope inspections, blade repairs, yaw gear replacements, various retrofit and upgrade programs, etc.
5. Perform up-tower minor and major component replacements on multiple turbine manufactures, including GE, Siemens, Vestas, Gamesa and/or Mitsubishi. Replacements include:
a. Assist in transportation, setup and the operation of up-tower tooling.
b. Assure proper storage, maintenance and handling of all large corrective tools and equipment.
6. Complete required paperwork on-time and accurately (e.g. service reports, expense reports, time sheets, etc.)
7. Assist with the development and start-up of new sites and new products along with the requisite development of new or improved processes and procedures.
8. Perform safety and other wind farm related tasks when assigned and fill-in as back-up to personnel at other wind farm sites as necessary.
9. Travel xxxxxxx% of the time throughout the USA to service various wind farm facilities.
10. Self-motivator; Ability to work successfully, safely and independently at remote wind farm locations.
11. Willing and able to obtain and maintain an E.ON sponsored, Commercial Driver License (CDL), if so requested by E.ON for mobilization of main component equipment
12. All other duties as assigned.
- One (1) years of hands-on operations and maintenance of wind turbine power generation facilities.
- Turbine major component replacement experience strongly preferred, including experience across multiple manufactures (i.e. Siemens, GE, Vestas, Mitsubishi). Previous crane and rigging experience preferred.
- Previous experience as a traveling technician is preferred.
SUBSTITUTION CLAUSE: A 2 year or 4 year college degree from an accredited school, other than correspondence or on-line, in a technical hard science (engineering, physics, power, or closely similar) may substitute for 2 years of experience. A current journeyman or master electrician license may substitute for 2 years of experience. A wind technician certificate program can substitute for 1 year of experience.
NO EXPAT ARRANGEMENT AVAILABLE
Position is open until filled.