Maintenance Technicians - Newport
If you are an experienced Maintenance Technician seeking a new and interesting challenge with excellent rewards, including a final salary pension scheme, then read on.....
Advanced Elastomer Systems is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation, the world's largest publicly-owned energy company. We are currently recruiting for Maintenance Technicians to join our growing team at our Newport site, which produces thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs). Job Responsibilities
- Maintenance Technicians complete a variety of mechanical work to support the Operations Department in ensuring the reliable and efficient running of the plant equipment.
- The role involves the use of various types of workshop equipment, including lathes, milling machines, pillar drills and welding equipment (ARC and TIG) and the typical work schedule is Monday to Friday.
Candidates should note that Technicians may at times need to work at height, which may also require the climbing of ladders.
Requirements of Candidate
Candidates should have good problem solving abilities and be able to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of our Maintenance Team to ensure that a wide range of tasks is completed with appropriate priority.
Job Requirements - Qualifications & Experience
To be eligible for this role, you must:
• Have a relevant maintenance/mechanical apprenticeship, equivalent to NQF/SVQ Level 3.
• Have extensive professional experience (10+ years as a guide), preferably within a manufacturing or operations environment. Candidates with less than 10 years' experience, but who have a high degree of relevant industry experience, will also be considered.
• Be competent in the use of the following:
o Workshop equipment - lathe, milling machine and pillar drill
o Welding equipment - Arc and TIG
Candidates should also have demonstrated experience of:
• Working with hydraulic circuits
• The ability to interpret and work from engineering drawings and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams
• Working with safety systems and processes, including safe working practices and COSHH
• Quality control stewardship of their own and others work
• Setting up and / or supervising lifting operations
• Good general computing skills e.g. Microsoft Office
Compensation and Benefits
• Minimum starting salary of XX plus Flexible Working Allowance of £XX.
• ExxonMobil Compensation & Benefits
ExxonMobil Chemical Ltd.