Saudi Aramco, long known for its leadership in oil exploration, production, and refining, is seeking experienced professionals to join our growing Unconventional Resources (UR) program. We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Process Engineer.
As the successful candidate, you will join UR Operations, which is responsible for operating all surface facilities, including field wells and processing facilities. The UR Operations team will operate the well manifolds, provide field services, maintain the facilities, and reduce equipment downtime. The team will also perform preventive maintenance activities and provide maintenance services in addition to providing all the technical engineering and inspection activities.
Expansion of the team is required to meet significant increases in operation activity levels. By the end of 2017 it is estimated to have more than 270 km of pipelines, 520 km of flowlines and five processing facilities scattered in different geographical locations.
As the successful candidate you will lead the process design review, follow the construction phase, and lead the commissioning and testing activities for the new shale gas facilities.
Upon joining the team you will be involved in conduct failure analysis and provide recommendations for failed process system, sequence of event reporting. You will also provide analysis, evaluation, and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to Saudi Aramco capital investment decisions.
You will have a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering. An advanced degree is preferred. A Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Chartered Engineer (C.Eng.) license or registration will be desirable but is not essential. NACE Certificate is preferred.
You will have minimum of 10 years of process engineering experience preferably in shale gas facilities. Also, you will have a good knowledge of the modular skid mounted process unit. Experience in gas processing systems such as compression, gas sweetening, dehydration, and NGL recovery is compulsory.
As a subject matter expert you will have a detailed knowledge of industry standards and procedures such as API and ASMI codes is required to support the review of company standards, project reviews, and implementation of plant modifications to process systems. You will also have experience with creating/modifying PFDs, P&IDs, schematics, and piping diagrams as well as knowledge of HYSIS and other process simulation software.
You will have experience with process equipment and systems field installation, commissioning and testing, as well as troubleshooting process equipment and systems failures, including pumps, compressors, pipe line/piping, and dehydration systems.
**Please note that this role is field-based and candidates may be required to work in remote parts of Saudi Arabia**
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Process Engineer, you will be required to perform the following:
• Provide day-to-day technical support to the Operation and Maintenance organizations to troubleshoot and fix process equipment.
• Develop the engineering designs packages for the new installation and upgrade projects.
• Review project proposals and detailed designs package for new facilities.
• Participate on the testing and commissioning of the new facilities and turnaround and inspection (T&I) activities.
• Update and maintain engineering documentation and drawings.
• Analyze system performance and find solutions for energy savings
• Ensure quality, and cost effective and timely solutions to any upgrade.
• Test and pilot new technologies.
• Ensure full HSE compliance.
• Report and analyze key performance indices.
• Make recommendations for technical/economic optimization of existing facilities.
• Lead feasibility/profitability studies for new facilities.
• Contribute to business unit strategy.
• Assists in the training, development and mentoring of younger staff.
• Provide analysis, evaluation, and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to Saudi Aramco capital investment decisions.
• Maintain and expand on contacts within the industry.
• Regularly interact with other professionals in various company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis.