Serves as a Contracts Advisor to the Assistant to Executive Director for HR and the Executive Director for HR on all matters relating to the planning, development, approval, and administration of contract actions within all HR Departments, and to all levels of Department representatives who are involved with contracting activities. Contracts Advisor is required to provide professional level advice to HR Administration and user department representatives on effective contract management, planning, procurement strategies, and ensure compliance with contract related company policies, practices, and procedures. Contracts Advisor is required to liaise as necessary with other organizational departments at all levels including Contracting (SAO, AOC, ASC) , Finance and Law Departments to streamline contract activities, recommend, seek approval for process and/or procedural improvements to optimize the end-to-end contact management, planning, developmental, reporting and administration activities.
1. Bachelor degree in an engineering or business discipline. MBA is desirable.
2. Ten years of experience in the petroleum or related industry with experience in operational area. A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible work or contact with auditing, accounting, and contracting techniques and procedures is desirable.
3. A high level of fluency in oral and written English is essential.
4. The ability to motivate subordinate professional people and to communicate both orally and in writing with professional-level people in other fields, and senior and executive management, both within and outside the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Possess strong knowledge in Consultants Contracts, both Special and Independent Consultants Contracts.
• Possess strong background in the English language, reading, writing and comprehension. Ability to review, analyze and understand contract terms and conditions.
• Perform all functions common to the Work Director level as established by management.
• Provide complex technical advice and support to contract proponents from the conception of contract service requirements through the execution of a contract to the termination of the contract or service requirements.
• Direct and participate in the development of engineering and financial studies that establish feasibilities for contract services and evaluation for alternatives that may be technical, financial and/or procedural/administrative.
• Coordinate and/or participate in the development of a professional level of analyses of Company risk or exposure.
• Coordinate and/or participates in the development of a professional level of analysis and technical qualification of bidders.
• Coordinate and/or participates in the development of scopes of work for various contract services.
• Develop professional-level presentations to Executive Management, and makes presentations or participate in the presentations to Services Review Committee.
• Participate as the contract proponent representative or delegate participation on the Bid Review Team charged with development of a realistic Company position on contract terms and the negotiation of these terms.
• Participate as the contract proponent representative in a professional analysis of bid response and negotiation offers and preparation of counter offers.
• Negotiate with contractors as part of a negotiating team comprised of Contracting and contract proponent representatives. Coordinate or participate in the preparation of responses to contractor claims and represent the proponent on Claim Review Panels.
• Coordinate or participate in the verification of contractor costs and the preparation of cost escalation or de-escalation amendments.
• Provide proponent representation in the administration of contracts and works with Finance, Law and Contracting in the development of financial and legal advice on intent of wording, scopes of service or other clauses that may impact quality of service, cost of services and cost benefit relationships.
• Recommend changes in contracting procedure or contract format for presentation to the Contracting Department; recommend to Finance and senior management controls to prevent abuses, conflicts or excessive company risk/exposure.
• Perform miscellaneous related duties as requested.