Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise PM Tools Program is in the process of delivering a unified "One PG&E" solution utilizing standard SAP and Oracle P6 functionality for Portfolio and Project Management. The Program is being run from the Corporate Services Business Technology organization.
This Senior position is in the SAP Enterprise PM Tools O&M Support Team. The team currently supports the Electric Operations, Gas Operations, Power Generation and Information Technology Lines of Business. This position will be the primary face of IT and Corporate Services to business users of the solution and act as an IT subject matter expert for the solution and will work closely with IT architects, developers, testers and Line of Business subject matter experts to perform operations, maintenance & support, minor enhancement and full project activities for the end-to-end solution. The solution consists of application functionality that has been implemented through the EPPM and SPSI projects (SAP PPM, BW, PM and PS systems, as well as Analysis for Office, Oracle Primavera and Pipeline Maxavera). Candidate must be highly motivated and take initiative to work with other teams and team members on application issues and new functionality in an open, direct and respectful manner.
• BA/BS in Computer Science/ Information Systems, Business, Engineering, etc. or equivalent work. Advanced degree is a plus.
• 3+ years of SAP functional or technical experience in Project Systems and Portfolio and Project Management
• 3+ years of experience in business analysis
• Expert knowledge of the Application Development Lifecycle
• Skill and experience leading solution design and development on multiple SAP PPM and /or PS implementation projects
• Experience in integration of Portfolio and Project Management and Project Systems with Business Warehouse and BPC, Finance, and Enterprise Asset Management.
• Hands-on configuration experience and solid technical understanding of PS and PPM objects and portal application
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Analysis for Office and Integration Planning capabilities
• Experience in integration of PS with external project management tools (e.g. Primavera P6)
• Experience in Utility Industry
• SAP Portfolio and Project Management System Functional Expertise & Strategy - Work with IT and Business to provide strategic guidance within the overall SAP technology roadmap and promote standard SAP solutions and best practices
• SAP Project Systems Module Functional Expertise & Strategy - Work with IT and Business to provide strategic guidance within the overall SAP technology roadmap and promote standard SAP solutions and best practices
• Provide expert consulting in information technology to the client to identify and satisfy the business needs
• Demonstrates understanding of business processes for several business functional areas, and can effectively coordinate the work on analysis and requirements for several projects
• Demonstrates good understanding of the following areas: testing, project management, related Lines of Business, software development, SOX compliance, regulatory compliance, operational/disaster recovery, operations, maintenance, etc.
• Demonstrates a level of expertise to act as a recognized authority for a project or initiative
• Analyze end-to-end complex business processes and information needs for multiple business functional areas
• Provide expert consulting in information technology to the client to identify and satisfy the business needs, while help anticipate potential problem and issues
• Facilitate, influence and build agreements on IT requirements and deliverables for multiple business clients
• Take initiative to understand in detail of current and future business environment
• Define and document business requirements for projects
• Evaluate and document effective solution alternatives to business problems
• Build Functional Designs for SAP PPM and PS processes based on business requirements
• Performs system functionality gap analysis and provides RICEFW inventory for assigned projects
• Work with Development and Implementation Team to build technical designs and configure applications
• Assisting with data conversion/migration, testing, training, and cutover activities
• Provide knowledge transfer/training to other team members
• Serves as key technical and functional resource within the areas of SAP PPM, PS, PM, BW, BOBj, Oracle Primavera and Pipeline Maxavera
• Participate in and help drive the defect management process, set priorities, research issues, and discuss compliance impacts and timelines
• Provide subject matter expertise and accurate estimates for new development and enhancements
• Incident Response and end user support - Provide Level 3 support to the TSC. Provide expertise for issue resolution
• Mentors the senior, associate, career, and entry level team members
• Provide timely responses to client inquiries or delegate and assure appropriate follow-up
• Interact with vendors and other third party providers for end-to-end solution support