Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience
representing employees at PG&E.
An employee who works alone and without direct supervision performing the following compliance related work:
• Larger Scale/Complex Locate and Mark projects
• Provide oversight to third-party problematic excavator worksites
• Atmospheric Corrosion Inspections
• Pipeline Patrolling
• Standby of Transmission and Critical Distribution facilities
• Pilot and operate new leak survey tools and equipment and locate and mark tools and equipment
• Below ground leak rechecks outside of routine leak surveys
• Shall utilize specialized tools and equipment to perform difficult-to-locate gas facilities duties
Applicants will be considered for all Central Coast locations.
This is a DOT covered classification and is subject to random drug screening.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
• Must possess a valid California Driver's License
• Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
• Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
• Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Minimum of 1 year of utility or related experience
• Must attend and pass Utility Worker Training course, provided by PG&E, during the initial weeks of employment
• To better represent the communities we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference
• Previous Military experience
• Graduation from a PowerPathway® Program is preferred
• Current or past work experience with PG&E and/or Hiring Hall
• Will be required to successfully complete all required training and maintain the necessary operator qualifications to perform the duties outlined in the position summary.
• Complete all required paperwork for the assigned tasks
• Locate and Mark, Delineate work area, and call USA for grade one immediate response work
• Complete required paperwork to make corrections/updates to Gas Mapping when discrepancies are found in the field
• Initiate Gas Corrective forms for AOC (abnormal operating conditions) found in field
• Shall be familiar with all tools and equipment, work procedures, work methods and standards
• Shall have the skills necessary to perform the full scope of these duties in an efficient and safe manner
• These assignments shall be the primary duties of the classification; however, due to operational needs may be required to perform work assigned to lower classifications
• Must pass Utility Worker Training course, which takes place for approx. 13 business days, during the first three weeks of employment.