Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The Superintendent oversees a division within T&D Operations, serving customers by providing timely completion of gas maintenance, gas construction, transmission & regulatory work, and or gas damage control.
This position leads and directs a geographically dispersed organization, typically with 4 to 8 supervisors and an overall organization of 60 to 100 employees of which 80% are IBEW-represented (T200). The Superintendent leads and fosters a culture of employee engagement, and communicates clear expectations. They develop and monitor performance agreements, coach employees, ensure that training, development and required certifications are current, and take disciplinary action as needed. This included the administration of the appropriate labor contract.
**Current vacancies are at the following locations;
- Central Coast/San Jose
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
8 years of related business experience
2 years of supervisory experience
Experience managing capital, O&M, and labor budgets
CA Driver's License
• Subject to random DOT drug and alcohol testing
• Travel within PG&E service territory is required
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Management, Construction Management, or other related discipline
Experience supervising union-represented employees.
Documented knowledge of the IBEW bargaining unit contract
Experience in a maintenance and construction organization.
Experience directing the preparation of schedules, records, and reports of work progress, future projects, and evaluation of completed tasks.
Experience managing employee performance to include recognition and the use of the progressive disciplinary process.
Documented usage of DMAIC or other lean process improvement methodologies.
• Responsible and accountable for a large geographic area (division) within one of the Gas Transmission, Distribution, or Maintenance & Construction (M&C) Regions, serving customers by providing timely completion of gas maintenance (including stations), gas construction, clearance, transmission & regulatory work, and / or gas damage control. This position leads and directs a geographically dispersed team with about 60 to 100 employees overall.
• Ensures that all work in assigned area is completed within scope, schedule and cost and on time, while providing quality service and adhering to safety and regulatory compliance.
• Manage capital & expense, O&M, and labor budgets
• Assesses complex field situations and makes decisions and recommendations for solutions
• Ensures a high customer satisfaction by always keeping the customer needs in the forefront of decision making.
• Identifies and influences implementation of best practices to improve productivity and safety and to reduce operating costs
• Partners and pursues integration with peers, staff departments, matrix organizations and outside agencies to achieve departmental goals and improve overall business results.
• Establishes assessment systems and monitors activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
• Engages employees in process improvements and takes action on their feedback
• Prepares, attends, presents and participates in meetings such as general staff, safety, Ethics and Compliance, Labor Management, Regulatory, Ad Hoc, etc.
• Manages a team of geographically dispersed Supervisors, Professional, Support, Union Represented employees and Contractors.