As the Building Inspector/ Combo, the incumbent will visit premises and provide information and assistance to owners, developers and departments or divisions of the City to gain conformance to codes, you will provide a review of proposed buildings, structures, and permits to ensure conformance to codes, laws, and ordinances.
CH2M FL Certified Building Inspector/ Combo - Bonita Springs, FL
The Challenge? Provide a range of custom-tailored operations and maintenance solutions. We are looking for local candidates that are familiar with all of the State Regulations as it pertains to SW Florida. As the Building Inspector/ Combo, the incumbent will visit premises and provide information and assistance to owners, developers and departments or divisions of the City to gain conformance to codes, you will provide a review of proposed buildings, structures, and permits to ensure conformance to codes, laws, and ordinances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct field inspections of construction sites including mechanical inspections in various phases; inspect setbacks, footing, foundation, plumbing, framing and drywall; enter all code violations into the tracking system
• Knowledge of various types of building construction materials and methods and stages of construction in order to be able to determine when violations and defects may most easily be observed and corrected
• Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions that are in accordance with applicable building codes and other pertinent regulations
• Perform independent and highly responsible detailed building plan review for residential, commercial and industrial building plans and designs; examine plans and specifications for compliance with established uniform building codes, and approve plans that meet requirements
• Make independent decisions regarding the interpretation of building codes, for plan review, site inspection, and the approval or rejection of such work
• Respond to inquiries from engineers, architects and the general public regarding the interpretation of technical code requirements including plumbing, mechanical and structural applications, and City building standards by providing information on ordinances and applicable codes
• Advise permit applicants, engineers or designs whose plans are not in conformance with required codes; indicate ways to modify plans that will comply with code requirements and regulations
• Establish and maintain application status within the department's permit tracking software
• Coordinate plan check activities with other City departments and outside agencies
• Maintain frequent and professional contact with the general public as well as various public and private officials The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Must hold a Standard Certificate as an Inspector in one or more disciplines to include building, mechanical, plumbing, or electrical, and one and two family dwelling, issued by the Florida Building Code administration and Inspection Board, in accordance with the provisions set forth in Florida statute 468.
• Must have a valid State of Florida Class "E" driver's license with no major infractions in past 3 years.
• High School Diploma or GED. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Technology or related field
• Professional Engineer or Registered Architect licensed to practice in the State of Florida
• Working knowledge of construction practices and Florida building codes
• Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with architects, engineers, and other design professional
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Bonita Springs
Bonita Springs, FL US
View on Google maps