Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
The UK Nuclear area within Jacobs provide engineering design, construction, planning, support, survey, design-build, project management and/or program management for our Nuclear Industry clients. With more than fifty years of experience across the complete nuclear asset lifecycle, we support client delivery and the associated infrastructure requirements at every stage of a project. Recognized a leader in the energy industries, our team consistently receives high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in their categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs are seeking a strong Mechanical Lead to join our growing Nuclear and Defence business. We support a range of major UK and international clients across the maritime, defence, energy, and transport sectors.
As a Lead Engineer you will support our project teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on-time, and within budget. You will be developing your reputation for the highest standards of service and technical delivery across a broad range of major projects.
This role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to maximise your broad range of technical knowledge, leadership and client relationship skills within an environment where further progression will be very much supported and encouraged.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce a department strategy which takes the requirements from N&D levels and translates these to provide a forward path and development our current capabilities.
- Ensure that the JACOBS Quality Management System is understood and incorporated into project delivery.
- Produce and maintain discipline capability documentation, identifying current capabilities and identifying potential gaps.
- Provision of SQEP resource through ensuring Skillsbase assessments are up to date and that the skills matrix for their departments are up to date.
- You will be a near chartered or recently chartered member of the ICE, IStructE, or equivalent
- You will rapidly perform at Principal Engineer level, bringing project delivery experience within a multidisciplinary environment
- Identifying recruitment needs and organising / being party to the interview process.
Requirements will include:
- Professionally qualified (eg Chartered) Engineer
- Substantial relevant experience in relevant project design work
- Team leadership capability
- Excellent technical skills
- Project management awareness
- Commercial awareness
Join Jacobs. Imagine the possibilities.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.