The principal function of this position is to undertake structural design work, provide technical support and leadership to the project design teams, manage projects or packages of works and support business development activities, as required within the Ports and Maritime business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a senior designer, design checker, design package manager, and approver as appropriate.
- Technical Reviewer.
- Carrying out detailed engineering design, including computer-based structural analysis, preparation of calculations, drawings and the necessary documentation for ports and maritime related projects
- Preparing study reports, contract documents and assisting with management of tender process
- Providing input to bids and contributing to work winning activities
- Guiding and mentoring of graduate/assistant engineers
- Liaison with client and other external parties, as required.The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Candidates should have a proven record of experience in the field of ports and maritime civil engineering undertaking designs and structural analysis for concrete and/or steel marine structure such as piled jetties, dolphins, berthing structures, walkways, sheetpiled quay walls and wharves and various forms of earth retaining and gravity marine structures.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven record of carrying out structural analysis using computer based structural analysis software such as SAP.
- Experience in design of infrastructure works for ports and terminals
- Experience in designing to Eurocodes
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Pro-active, willing to take responsibility, an interest in mentoring and developing technical talent and a team player.The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree in civil or structural engineering from a reputable university
- Chartered / Professional engineer status with a recognised professional institution such as MICE or MIStructE
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, here you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, Glasgow
View on Google maps