Salary: Based on experience - $80,000+
Location: Los Angeles/Orange County area
Schedule: Alternate work week schedule available
Position Summary: The successful candidate will work with a team of design engineers, project managers and engineering leads to design, review and approve electrical engineering scope of work for a wide range of commercial, government and utility solar PV projects ranging in size from 30kW to multi-MW. This person will provide technical oversight and expertise during design and construction of projects prepared by both in-house and 3rd-party designers. Responsibilities will also include; utility coordination and interconnection approval, internal process improvement, development of standard details, product evaluation, and general technical support to Client's solar engineering and operations departments.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering; Electrical or equivalent
NABCEP is highly desired but not required
Essential Position Responsibilities:
* Calculates sizing of electrical components, such as ampacity, minimum amp, voltage drop, etc.
* Must demonstrate the ability (in a team setting) to design electrical PV systems
* Performs and assists work with client Project Managers, Owners Representatives, inspection staff and outside contractors
* Adheres to all client and customer safety policies, without exception
Skills and Experience:
* At least 2 years of experience in the design of solar PV systems (ideally in the commercial or industrial industries)
* Ability to design solar PV systems for maximum efficiency
* Familiar with NEC 2014
* Familiar with central and string inverters
* Strong NEC/CEC knowledge and exhibited experience in building electrical systems and design, including sizing and specifying electrical service equipment, transformers, metering equipment, protective relaying and/or overcurrent devices, cable, conduit, switchboards, and panel boards
* Experience in medium voltage system design of 4kV to 35kV is preferred
* Ability to create single and three line diagrams up to multi MW PV systems
* Experience in the creation of solar module layouts
* Ability to calculate wire size and voltage drop
* Ability to calculate component parts such as fuses, disconnect/breaker ratings
* Ability to do short-cut calculation
* Familiar with California Fire Guidelines
* Must be flexible and able to work in a team-oriented environment
* Experience with communication protocols such as ModBUS is a plus
* Experience with AutoCAD Lt preferred
* Ability to determine all electrical components with complete Bill of Materials
* Ability to interface and work with other discipline personnel and their drawings.
* Basic understanding of conduit attachment is a plus
* EEO Statement: Morson International is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law."