Amec Foster Wheeler are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support the Project Quantity Surveyor with the general management of all commercial activities within the UKPN Alliance Project in the South East of England (Surrey, Kent & Sussex) for the Transmission and Distribution part of the business.
* Ensure cost control is maintained on a project basis throughout all functions (procurement, delivery, design etc)
* Involvement with the PQS in change control on a project basis
* Developing, maintaining and administering the commercial elements of temporary works schedules and associated Sub-Contractors
* Responsible for collation, interpretation and analysis of project commercial records
* Assisting in the production of monthly cost & value forecasts, including monthly of the project (summary) review reports
* Assisting in the production of project earned value reports and associated pain/gain share substantiation
* Assisting in management of project Sub-Contractors
* Involvement in the production of Early Warning, Compensation Event, Quotation, etc submissions.
* Remain compliant with processes and procedures on a project basis
* Support the Project Manager in respect of both project and commercial deliverables
* Liaising with the Accountants to ensure correct cost reporting
* Support and champion the delivery of the AMEC Foster Wheeler values and associated KPI's.
* To work within established AMEC Foster Wheeler policies and procedures
* Promote AMEC Foster Wheeler values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with AMEC Foster Wheeler ethos
* To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times
* Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business
* To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
* An appropriate degree or working towards an appropriate degree in commercial and / or business management.
Amec Foster Wheeler designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.