The Senior Category Specialist for IT is responsible for overall management of the Information Technology Category for the Client. This includes building and maintaining the category strategy, implementation of Supplier agreements, the resolution of all contractual issues and Supplier Performance and Relationship Management. The Senior Category Specialist is a key member of the Category Management team, with responsibility to set the strategic direction and manage the category effectively to support the development and execution of supply chain management plans that produce desired business results. The Specialist reports directly to the Category Manager In-Direct Materials and Services,
In depth knowledge of the related Information Technology supply market, all typical or standard contract provisions such as required version control, rights to code in the event of supplier failure, disaster recovery, including provisions regarding warranties, confidentiality, title and risk of loss, reporting requirements, taxes, indemnities and insurance provisions. Also in depth knowledge of typical contract structure and contract negotiation skills. In depth knowledge of all systems to include IT infrastructure, Oracle, Maximo and Terminal control systems.
Work closely with the IT Department and all business groups requiring IT solutions including development of the strategy, identification of the supply base, development and issuance of requests for information/proposals and full evaluation process.
- Coordinate with the IT Department to ensure that a Contract Owner/Supplier Manager is assigned to each contracted Supplier.
- Collaborate with the Legal Department, Finance Dept. (includes Tax), HSE, Supply Chain, Operations (or any other department/function) as appropriate, to ensure contractual and commercial risks and exposures are clearly identified, analyzed and properly addressed in contractual provisions.
- Assist the Operations’ Managers, the Management Team and the relevant departments/functions with the review and assessment of the commercial exposure present in our IT Contracts.
- Ensure that IT Contracts for licenses, products and/or services are in compliance with the Supply Chain Contracts Best Practices.
- Review and assess the potential liabilities present in IT Contracts in order to provide expert advice to the client.
- In coordination with the Legal Department, assists with resolution of contract claims or disputes whenever necessary.
- Manage and administer contract-related records in the relevant Contracts database
- Negotiate and resolve contractual disputes, being responsible for negotiation strategies, resolution and follow up in coordination with the Legal Department, Operations & other relevant functions.
- Participate in the Category Management training and development initiatives.
- Manage the acquisition process for IT products and services from vendor/providers, engaging appropriate Legal support throughout the vendor negotiation process, facilitating requirements gathering from IT for new contracts and contract renewals.
- Effectively contain and reduce costs (Cost Avoidance and Cost Reduction);
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Education and Certifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related Business area is required.
- Experience: Significant experience (10+ yrs.) in the IT industry including experience and/or exposure in Operations, Legal, Contracts, Finance, Sales, Marketing or Law Firms.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.