Strong knowledge of the engineered equipment supply market, all typical or standard contract provisions including provisions regarding warranties, confidentiality, title and risk of loss, reporting requirements, taxes, indemnities and insurance provisions. Highly skilled in establishing and executing the Engineered Equipment Category Strategy. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Communicates effectively and with integrity across key business clients to align direction between the category and the internal client.
- Collaborate with the Legal Department, Finance Dept. (includes Tax), HSE, Supply Chain, Operations (or any other department/function) as appropriate, to ensure contractual and commercial risks and exposures are clearly identified, analyzed and properly addressed in contractual provisions.
- Assist the Operations’ Managers, the Management Team and the relevant departments/functions with the review and assessment of the commercial exposure present in our Engineered Equipment Contracts.
- Review and assess the potential liabilities present in Engineered Equipment Contracts in order to provide expert advice to the client.
- Provide overall Category Management advice to Management and actively seeks involvement in business plans, strategies and operations as part of the management team and in line with Category strategies.
- In coordination with the Legal Department, assists with resolution of contract claims or disputes whenever necessary.
- Manage and administer contract-related records in the relevant Contracts database
- Participate in the Category Management training and development initiatives.
- Effectively contain and reduce costs (Cost Avoidance and Cost Reduction);
- Participates in cross-functional teams in the category strategy development, sourcing and negotiations
- Works on the development of category short and long-term business plans to facilitate achievement of goals.
- Is accountable for the accuracy of the data relating to assigned categories.
- Demonstrates behaviors of creativity and challenge.
- Assists the Category Manager in the required due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from supplier selection through to contract execution.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Assists in the identification and implementation of “strategic cost management” utilizing best in class methods.
- Education and Certifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related Business area is preferred.
- Experience: At least five (5) years’ experience in accepted supply chain principles and processes, preferably with a background in the process, pipeline, LNG or oil and gas operations industry. Must have experience in executing category strategies, contracts and supply alliances, procurement of equipment (including qualification and audit), contract management and commercial negotiations.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.