Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting Plant Operators for an underground cable transmission project (275kv). The initial work scope is for 16 weeks. Location: Keith, Scotland, AB55 5FH.
Candidates located within 50 miles preferred, no lodge payments. 5 - 6 month contract.
* x9 Machine Drivers
* x9 Dumper Drivers
* Significant experience on Above & Below 10t Tracked Excavators
* Removal of top soil
* Removal of sub-soils
* Removal of rock (where applicable)
* Reinstatement to a good standard
* Tracking vehicle across cross country terrain
* lifting materials and equipment on slings/chains
* Excavation adjacent to live cable lines
* General housekeeping on the site
* Set-up temporary works (boxes, tranch sheets)
* General assistance to deliver the work (providing it is within the ops ability)
* Participate in toolbox talks
* Daily checks / maintenance of machine
* Agricultural Trenching, Capping Off, Reinstatements, & Laying of Ducts & Cables
* Good understanding of Under Ground Utilities & over Head Power Lines HSG 47
* Ensure all work scope undertaken is carried out in a safe and productive manner, in line with Supervisors direction, company and project procedures
* Be aware of and practice fully the requirement for total safety attitude in all operations
* Assist trade personnel in the completion of their duties
* Prepare and maintain worksite in line with Supervisor's instruction
* Assist with general housekeeping, ensuring a safe, clean and tidy site is maintained at all times
* Assist where required with specialist cleaning duties
* Support the main activity by obtaining the necessary tools and materials and then assisting the trade personnel under their guidance and instruction
* Providing it is within the general/craft assistant's ability, deal with any minor issue that prevents completion of the task
* Proactively seek additional tasks where time permits
* Adhere to all company policies, working practices and procedures as communicated by the company from time to time
* Participate in Toolbox Talks / DASS
* Participate and contribute to Emergency Response process and procedure
* Must demonstrate safety as an integral part of the job
* CSCS Card
* NPORS/CITB 360 excavator qualification (30te)
* Full Driving licence
* Full clean driving licence would be beneficial
* SCO91 permit acceptor
* First aider
* HSG47 (working in excavations)
* BESC/Person for National Grid sites
Amec Foster Wheeler ( xxxxxxx) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.