Our client is a leading energy and services group and they are looking for a Site Technician to work on a site in Huddersfield.
To operate and maintain the plant at the sites identified above in line with existing procedures, thereby fulfilling site health, safety, environmental, quality and customer service targets. This will include identifying areas for continual improvement.
To ensure that all sites activities under his control are effectively operated to ensure that all third party contractors who carry out work on the site do so in a safe and professional manner and abide by the relevant Company procedures and site specific procedures where applicable.
* To follow the company procedures and standards as expressed in the Company Handbooks
* To complete all administrative functions correctly and efficiently, either paper log books or by using appropriate IT software, e.g. Maintenance Management System (SAM)
* To become fully familiar with all Company and site procedures, which affect him and carry out all responsibilities detailed in the BMS (Business Management System)
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to manage both customer and team expectations
* Ability to prioritise and organise
* Demonstrate self-motivation
* Customer focused
* Work to tight deadlines
* Ability to communicate within our business and our customers
* Ability to organise own work load
* Be computer literate
* Basic Microsoft Word, Excel
* To assist other sites with combustion servicing and troubleshooting as agreed with line manager
* Occasionally assist with boiler annual preparation work, servicing / repair work to 'big burner' plant and service work to biomass boilers
* To ensure that the Operations Manager is kept well informed of all aspects of safety performance, plant performance and customer circumstances which may impact upon the safe, efficient, reliable and cost effective operation of the plant and smooth operation of the contract
* ONC/C&G or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
* Industrial Steam Boiler/Generator experience (BOAS)
* Steam Burner/Boiler
* Electrical Training/Knowledge/apprenticeship
* 17th edition
* C&G 2391 Test & Inspection
* Knowledge of Regulations (desirable)
* CMMS ((SAM FM) (desirable)
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.