ENVIRONMENTAL WASTE ENGINEER – CONTRACT – SURREY
Our Client, a Major international Oil and Gas, design and construction contractor is seeking an Environmental Waste Engineer to join their team based in Surrey
• Must have experience in onshore disposal.
• Asbestos awareness and the regulations associated with its management removal and disposal.
• NORM awareness of the controls on handling ,storage and authorised disposal (RPS qualification an advantage).
• Knowledge of the legislation on the storage and carriage of dangerous goods (ADR, IMDG) a qualified DGSA would be an advantage.
• Proven operational / field experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of EU and UK waste management regulations.
o EWC classification and coding.
o Treatment methods and disposal routes.
o Duty of care.
• A knowledge of COSHH and occupational hygiene issues would be advantage.
• Willingness to travel (international) and work for extended periods away from home base. Candidates will need to hold a driving licence to apply for the role.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The successful candidate will need to feel confident to work in a stand-alone role which will include visits to site.
• MS Office
• Degree level or equivalent in recognised environmental programme or science equivalent (chemistry, chemical engineering, marine biology)
• HS qualification (IOSH Managing Safely ideally NEBOSH General Certificate)
• Undertake field based HAZMAT surveys (offshore).
• Interpret Materials inventories.
• Interpret asbestos management plans and demolition studies.
• Interpret NORM studies.
• Complete waste and environmental questionnaires’ in for studies, and ITT.
• Prepare waste export plan in line with BASEL convention.
• Carry out Duty of Care Audits.
• Undertake waste classification.
• Undertake waste packaging in line with the dangerous goods requirements.
• Prepare waste manifests.
• Prepare track and trace database.
• Complete environmental reports.
Rate: Rate dependent on experience. Please do quote what hourly rate you would be looking for when applying.
If you would prefer permanent please state this when applying together with what salary package you would be looking for. This Client has stated salary will be dependant on experience plus an excellent benefits package.
Duration: Long term
Benefits: Very Close to the Station and some parking available. Do call for more information and if I do not happen to be available speak to one of our recruitment team.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be to work within the EU/UK.