The Largest Oil & Energy Job Board

Lundin Petroleum starts 6405/12-1 exploration well drilling in Norway

Swedish independent oil and gas firm Lundin Petroleum has started drilling the 6405/12-1 exploration well in Norway.

The well will identify the hydrocarbon potential of the Lindarormen prospect in the PL584 licence.

PL584 is situated 150km north-west of Kristiansund on the Norwegian coast, about 80km north-east of the Ormen Lange field.

"The Bredford Dolphin semi-submersible unit will be used to drill the well to a planned total depth of 3,280m below mean sea level. Drilling is expected to take about 60 days to complete."

The well will test the reservoir properties and hydrocarbon potential of Paleocene sandstones in the Rås Basin.

The Bredford Dolphin semi-submersible unit will be used to drill the well to a planned total depth of 3,280m below mean sea level. Drilling is expected to take about 60 days to complete.

The company expects the Lindarormen prospect to have the potential to contain unrisked, gross prospective resources of 194 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe).

Lundin Norway operates PL584 with a 60% working interest, while Bayerngas Norge holds the remaining 40% stake.

Norway is Lundin Petroleum's principal area of operations with reserves of 146.6 MMboe, representing 76% of its total reserves.

Lundin Petroleum plans to drill a total of 12 wells by the end of this year as part of its active ongoing exploration / appraisal programme in Norway.

The company said that the average production from the Norwegian assets amounted to 23,900 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) in 2013.

Lundin recently commenced drilling on the 33/12-10 S exploration well in PL631on the Vollgrav South prospect in the northern-region of the Norwegian North Sea.

PL631 is situated 150km west of Florø on the Norwegian west-coast and between the Gullfaks and Statfjord fields.

NA
Copyright:
www.offshore-technology.com
Published on:
November 3, 2014
Source url:
http://www.offshore-technology.com/news/newslundin-petroleum-starts-640512-1-exploration-well-drilling-in-norway-4425321
Copyright © 2016, OilFinity. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Talenetic Job Board Software