The Largest Oil & Energy Job Board

Karoon discovers oil at Kangaroo-2 appraisal well, offshore Brazil

Karoon Gas Australia has identified oil in five separate zones in the Kangaroo-2 appraisal well in the Santos basin, offshore Brazil.

About 17 samples of oil have been recovered by the company within the Palaeocene and the Maastrichtian formations with an estimated gas oil ratio (GOR) of 400 to 700 standard cubic feet per barrel (scf/bbl).

A 90m gross oil bearing reservoir has been uncovered at Palaeocene section with a net to gross of more than 70% and porosities in the range 26% to 34%.

Three separate oil columns were also are identified with a GOR of 500 scf/bbl.

Karoon discoverer a higher 85m gross oil reservoir interval, a net to gross of more than 60% and porosities in the range 22% to 26% as well as lower oil bearing reservoir interval has a thickness of 75m, a net to gross of 25% and porosities in the range of 21% to 25% at Maastrichtian section.

Oil recovered from the Maastrichtian reservoirs is anticipated to have a GOR range of 550 scf/bbl to 700 scf/bbl, the company said.

Karoon Gas Australia operates and holds the remaining 65% stake in the wells and five surrounding blocks while the remaining 35% interest in owned by Pacific Rubiales Energy.

Located in block S-M-1165, about 300m updip and 4km South from Kangaroo-1, the Kangaroo-2 appraisal well is the initial well in the existing Santos Basin exploration and appraisal drilling campaign, which is planned to continue through first half 2015.

NA
Copyright © 2016, OilFinity. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Talenetic Job Board Software