Amec Foster Wheeler's Transmission and Distribution business has won a major new contract and we are looking to build our existing team; we are looking for an Electrical Engineer with background and experience in Designing High voltage Substations.
We are looking for a Principal Design Engineer with Electrical Plant background you will be responsible for ensuring functional excellence for C&E services delivery and providing leadership and development of staff in engineering disciplines necessary to meet challenges in growth of T&D. You will also be required to provide assurance across the business in respect to the quality and technical integrity of contract deliverables.
Role Specific Requirements:
* Proven knowledge of AIS and GIS equipment and layouts of substation up to 400kV
* Proven ability to design site layout and prepare drawings for:
* Proven knowledge for specifying appropriate AIS and GIS substation plant
* Prepare information for civil engineering interface
* Prepare standard technical specifications based on IEC and British Standards
* Participate in meetings as required
* Ensure quality assurance system compliance and conduct periodic reviews
* You should be able to demonstrate a commitment to the Amec foster Wheeler values and set a good personal example on HSSE issues within your area of operation. You will also have to be able to co-operate with the company in all matters of health, safety and environment protection and make your contribution to reducing accidents and conserving natural resources. You will be required to promote and be a role model for change challenge and ensure all staff work towards continuous improvement and Innovation is a critical part of our success.
* Batchelor and / or Masters engineering degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Extensive experience in engineering delivery in a regulated and high safety critical sector
* Applicable Engineering Tools for role - In line with CAS role requirement for each task
* Good Interpersonal Skills
* Experienced developing others in technical function
* Good communicator
* Membership to an engineering institution
* Experience in the Transmission and Distribution sector
Amec Foster Wheeler ( xxxxxxx) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.