Amec Foster Wheeler's Transmission and Distribution business has won a major new contract and we are looking to build our existing team; we are looking for a Civil CAD Technicians with a background and experience in either High Voltage Cabling, Overhead Lines or Substations design covering Civil and/or Electrical Engineering. This role will be based in London.
As a CAD Technician you will be responsible for the delivery of drawings, design deliverables, and documents as directed by the engineers and designers in accordance the engineering procedures and guidance notes.
Role Specific Requirements:
* Preparing the CAD content for technical drawings and documents as prescribed by the Designer or Lead Designer in accordance with relevant standards and specifications.
* Performing and ensuring the correct QA and administrative processes are completed for the recording and issuing of drawings and documents
* Ensure you deliverables are in accordance with schedule, with due consideration to deadlines, and recorded accurately on time-sheets.
* Support site surveys, data capture and interfacing with site operatives
* Attendance when required for task specific meetings
* Develop your understanding and knowledge of relevant software and tools. Drawings will be done using either AutoCAD, Revit 3D, Microstation, or other CAD applications as necessary
* Minimum 5 GCSE qualifications or equivalent including Maths, English
* Proficient in basic computer packages
* Good Interpersonal Skills
* Minimum GCSE in a Maths, Science, Technology, or an Engineering based subject.
Amec Foster Wheeler ( xxxxxxx) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. Employing around 35,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2016 revenues of £5.4 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, power and process, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.